Friday, January 30, 2009

My Poor Baby

Well yesterday started off pretty much like a regular old day. I got up early and took Spencer to the groomer. He hates the groomer I might add and I don't really even know why. I cant imagine hating to be pampered. So I dropped him off and I went to the post office and then to the grocery store then came home and unloaded everything. I left the house again about 12:15 to go pick up Spencer by 12:30. You see he hates it so much that I tell them that he must be out with in 4 hours. One we got back home I was watching TV and he took a nap. After he woke up he came over to me to let me know he need to go outside, so I let him out and then it all started......

As soon as he stepped outside he immediately wanted to come back in the house. But he tripped over his front legs twice. I picked him up and sat him back in the house and his whole little body just started jerking and flopping everywhere. Then he just became very stiff and his back leg was up around his head, and his head was bend as far back as he could get it. He started crying and whining. I fell to the floor and started crying and petting him, telling him that everything was going to be ok. Knowing that I had no idea if it would be. Everything that I would touch him he would cry even louder. It was horrible and broke every piece of my heart. I honestly thought to myself that my poor Spencer was going to die right then. It only lasted about 30 seconds to a minute, but it seemed like forever. After it was all over he looked extremely tired and just didn't move. I swept him up and off to the vet we went. Thank the Lord it is only 2 minutes from my house. As soon as we walked in the door, the receptionist noticed that I had been crying and immediately just put us in a room in front of everyone else that was there. (I'm sorry everyone). The doctor came in and confirmed my worst fear about what had just happened. My poor baby had, had a seizure. They did a lot of blood work so we should know more today or Saturday. If his labs come back normal we pretty much do nothing, if they come back abnormal then we have a few choices, one being medication and the other again just watching to see if he has another. We are hoping that it is all normal and that he never has another. His momma cant handle another!!! Please say a little prayer for my sweet baby that he never has to go through another one of those again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

POOR SPINNEY. We <3 him.

Allison said...

Poor thing. Our first dog, Bailey had epilepsy so we dealt with seizures on a daily basis... sometimes several times a day and night. It was so hard watching him have seizures. I know how you feel. He was on lots of medications from the time he was 6 months old. Hopefully it was just a one time thing for your little guy and yall won't have to experience one again!

Nicole Rodriguez said...

Aw! How sad! I will say a little prayer for him to be all better!

Unknown said...

We are praying about Spence. Poor thing!

The Wilson Crew said...

Poor Spence,,,Poor Miranda! Ginger (remember her? she was mom's doxen years ago) had a seizure disorder, but never was on meds for it. She would have one about once a month, then it slowed down to once every 2 mos, then even less. It's very scary to watch, you don't know what to do to help them! The vet said that they feel as if they are falling and to wrap them in a towel (b/c they tend to pee during a seizure) and hold them tight to give them some sort of security. Holding their legs and feet while they have one helps too, it tends to make them think that their feet are on the ground. I hope everything comes back good. Keep me posted!

Kathy said...

Oh, poor Spencer!!! I hope that it was just a one time thing. That is SO scary. Keep us posted on what the tests results are. HUGS

Shannon said...

I am so sorry! Our dog went though similar stuff (more with her back) and we thought we were going to have to put her to sleep. She is now as good as ever. I will be praying that everything comes back normal! Keep us posted!