Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dr. Pepper

Back in August we went to the coast with a bunch of our friends. It seems that every time we get together Kristy always seems to buy a little something for the girls. Last year she bought me a package of Dr. Pepper chap stick. And this year she gave me a Dr. Pepper cake mix and icing. It all comes packaged together and all you have to do is add butter, vanilla, and 1cup of Dr. Pepper. If you couldn't already tell I LOVE DR. PEPPER!!! I decided that last night would be a good night to do a little baking. The best thing about this little project is that it was probably the easiest thing I have ever bake.
When I was little my grandmother used to make a
Coke Cola cake. This is exactly what this cake reminded me of. It was absolutely delicious, and it reminded me so much of my mamaw.

** Thanks again Kristy you always seem to buy the best gifts. I should have just waited until you guys came down so I could have shared some with you.**

DUBLIN Dr. Pepper
Cake /Icing Mix



Yummy cake.. You pour the icing on hot, so that is
why it looks all bubbled up on one side.

YUMMY!

4 comments:

~Shelly~ said...

i used ur dr pepper chap stick during labor.. haha thanks kristy!

and they have this cake mix at spice! i wanted some! yum!

Anonymous said...

I want a Dr. Pepper cake!!

Anonymous said...

oh and its dr pepper not dr. pepper

hahahahahah who am i???

Anonymous said...

I remember Mamaw's coke cake!