Monday, January 10, 2011

1 Month Old

My sweet baby girl is a whole 1 month old today, where has the time already gone. I can not believe that a month ago today I was in the hospital in labor and looking forward to meeting my sweet girl by the end of the day. And all I did was blink and she has been here a month.

Just a few things she has been up to this month:
* At birth she weighed 7lb. 8oz., when she left the hospital 3 days later she was 7lb.5oz, and when she went to her 1st Dr. appt at 5 days old she was 7lb. 3oz. Dr. Cox increased her formula from 2 oz to 3 oz and at her next follow up on 1/3/11 she was 8lb. 5oz. Growing girl!

*She is a pretty good sleeper and only wakes for a bottle at night every 4 hours. Last week she did have a 6 hour stretch but that has only happened once but mommy was oh so grateful for the extra 2 hours of sleep. =)

*She has been lifting her head and turning it from side to side since she was 2 days old. And everyday she is getting stronger... Still amazes me!

*She is such a little snuggler and I don't want to ever this stop!

*She hates to have a wet diaper!!! And she LOVES just hanging out and laying on her changing table. For what ever reason it totally calms her down.

*She sleeps on her back at night however during the day I will place her next to me on the couch on her belly and she will sleep for hours.


Macy,
So many people prayed for you for so long. And our prayers were answered on April 4, 2010 when we found out we were pregnant. And our dreams came true on December 10,2010 at 6:32pm when we heard your cry for the 1st time. I will never forgot that moment as long as I live. I am so glad that God chose me and your daddy to be your parents. We love you to the moon and back.
~ Mommy


5 comments:

~Shelly~ said...

I wish I could see those smiles in person! She is a CUTIE!!! Time flies, doesn't it? Take all the pictures u possibly can! Happy 1 month baby girl!

Nicole Rodriguez said...

Happy 1 month, Macy!!!!

Nana said...

This past month has flown by! I wish I could be closer to her, but you keep telling her Nana loves her! I will see you soon! I like her pink pj's!

Allison said...

Cute pictures! She is such a pretty girl! That first month flies by, and every month after that goes by just as fast. So, enjoy all those precious little moments. Avery used to love her changing table as well. That's where I got all my best pictures of her. She would just lay there and smile, and love to have her diaper changed. NOW... she HATES it. I have to chase her down to change her diaper, and it's a battle to get her to lay still for 30 seconds so I can put a new one on her. Oh, the joys of toddlerhood...

Kathy said...

I can't believe that she is already a month old!!