Tuesday, September 8, 2009

When It Rains It Pours!

While we were home last week I decided to pick Kinley up from school on Thursday so I could spend some time with my girl. As soon as I walked in the building I was told " well she just woke up from her nap and she has fever, its 102 and she cant come back tomorrow." I quickly bit my tongue as I wanted to tell her Thank you very much Captain Obvious! I made my way around to Kinley room and was greeted with a huge smile and a great big AUNTIE as I walked in then it was followed by a couple of tears as she asked " i go home?" I got her home and checked her temp and of course she had fever so the Tylenol began. The night before Shelly was told that she had been exposed a few days earlier by her cousin to the flu, so they took her to the after hours urgent care clinic to get her tested. Her test came back negative so she was sent home with precautions of what to watch out for. So Shelly wouldn't have to miss any work I kept Kinley with me on Friday and took her to her physician where we saw the nurse practitioner. I was told that since her previous test was negative it was very unlikely that at this point it would be positive. I was sent home with a sample of meds, and was told she has cold/allergies. On Saturday she spiked 103, but it come down pretty quickly with Tylenol/Motrin. She continued to run a temp on Sunday and then Monday afternoon spiked 103 again. Since Monday was a holiday of course the doctors office was closed so back she went to urgent care. And well you guessed it.... My sweet baby girl has not only an ear infection but the FLU!
So this means that since auntie M and uncle jeff were exposed to her we too had to start tamiflu! So as if my dads stay in the hospital was not enough fun, we thought we would throw this little kink in the mix as well......That is just the kind of fun people we are!

$111.00 worth of Tamiflu
Kinley even though you have been a sick little girl the past few days. I am so glad I was able to spend some time with you, just me and you! Even if you do give me the flu. But I will gladly spend 111.00$ and take 10 days worth of Tamiflu if it means that you feel better soon.
I love you,
Auntie





5 comments:

Kathy said...

Goodness gracious!!!! I hope that you guys are able to stay well and I hope Kinley feels better soon!!

Glad Paul is home! He'll get much better rest now.:)

~Shelly~ said...

Nurse Practitioner needs to go back to school and learn a little something.
Thanks for keeping her, now if u could just come back tonight and keep her tomorrow that would be great mmmmkay!?! hehe jk!

Shannon said...

This post made me sort of teary! I love it that Auntie was able to take such great care of that sweet girl. That is what sisters are for! Give her a big hug from me (Shelly too!) and I hope you all stay FLU FREE!

Mindy said...

Whew Lordy! You guys are a mess. Lots of prayers for ya'll :)

Miranda said...

Shelly~
Unfortunantly my husband will not allow me to retire which means I have to be at work tomorrow. Especially since I missed 3 days last week. However you know if I could I would be there in a heart beat. Or in atleast 3 hours. hope she feels better soon. And hopefully you dont get it.