Monday, July 12, 2010

It's a......

Well folks... We are having a GIRL! I still can't believe it, I mean I would not have cared in the least if it would have been a boy. But I am over the moon to have a daughter. We found out on Tuesday June 28. Since I work at an ObGyn clinic, ultrasounds are pretty much at my disposal. Our "official" appt is still not until this coming Friday (7/16) But I just couldnt stand it any longer. So I had our tech scan me and not tell me what it was. She wrote it down on a piece of paper and sealed it in a envelope. On my lunch break I took my little note to Dillards and picked out 2 lovies, a pink one and a blue one. I took them to the lady behind the counter and had to explain why I was there and that I didnt know what we were having and that I wanted her to open up my envelope and without showing me to bag up which ever one it said. She laughed, bagged it up, I and was on my way.
THEN I took my Dillards bag down to Hallmark and picked out a little bag and some pink and blue paper and then explained to the lady behind the counter there what I was trying to do and asked her if she could please wrap my present without showing me what was inside. She too laughed, made me turn around, bagged my gift, i paid and left.
I honestly had to put the gift bag in the back of my car because I was afraid I would open it with out Jeff.
Once I got home we went to dinner and opened our present. When Jeff pulled out the little pink lovie out of the bag I was in complete shock to say the least! I would have bet money he was going to pull out blue. I felt like I was trying to scarf down my food (as best I can these days) to get out of there and call my family. =)
Everyone was just as excited as we were and no one could believe it either. With Jeff being the last Herring, I know his parents we thinking blue! Hopefully next time.
And as if my night could not get any sweeter, once I finally calmed down enough to go to bed. I was laying there watching TV and sure enough my baby girl started kicking . It was the 1st time I felt her move and it could not have happened on a more perfect day.


Here's my GIRL!



9 comments:

~Shelly~ said...

Thats still the cutest lil lovie EVER! Hurry up and get my niece here!!!

Allison said...

Awww... what a cute story! I'm so excited for you! Girls are so much fun to shop for. Keep us updated!

Nana said...

And by the way--I love the lovie!! It's so pretty!

PaPa said...

PaPa is so excited. Can't wait til December. 3 grand-daughters and 1 grandson. Just don't get any better than this.

Mandi said...

Miranda I am SO EXCITED and happy for ya'll! And you have THE sweetest family too - I love all of ya'll!! The story was too cute and then reading the comment from PaPa made me teary eyed. Ya'll are such sweet, deserving people. I know you'll make the best mom ever :) What a lucky little princess...

Ape said...

YEAH!! I can't wait to see her when she is born!! BTW I have something special that is on order for you. Next time you are in town, please let me know so I can give it to shells to give it to you. It isn't here yet but I really wanted you to have something special

The Forey's said...

yall are so adorable. I am so happy for yall.

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness gracious!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the cutest story ever!!!!! SO excited for you guys!!!

The Pifer's said...

Congrats on having a sweet lil' princess, I love the name Macy as well! :)