Friday, July 30, 2010

Cravings

Everyone keeps asking me what crazy cravings I have had during this pregnancy. And honestly I dont really think that I have had any. I mean there are a couple of things that I wake up thinking about and go to sleep dreaming about. But I have not sent Jeff out on any midnight runs for pickles and hot fries....... YET.

Since day 1 I want a snowcone everyday. And when I say everyday I mean that I found a coffee shop of all places across the street from my office that sells these bad boys buy one get 1 free. NO I dont have 2 at a time but my point is that they are cheap! And any flavor will do.

My most recent craving has been cherry icee's. I just figure if I can't get to a snowcone stand this HAS to be the next best thing. And at every convient store there a slurpee machine.

So I figure up until this point my cravings have been pretty harmless. In a calorie/weight gaining kind of way. Seriously how bad can flavored ice be. Apparently not to bad. Im 20 weeks and have not gained a pound yet!

HOWEVER, I have a feeling this may soon change. After a quick trip to the grocerie store tonight and a very bad decision to walk the ice cream isle. I discovered quite possibly the most wonderful thing ever. Strawberry Cheesecake Icecream from Blue Bell. I am not a huge ice cream eatter and I would choose Sherbert any day. But this is the most delicious thing ever... I recomend staying very far away from the ice cream isle at you local grocerie store. Whether you are pregnant or not. =) ** Have any of you had any crazy cravings while you were pregnant?**

6 comments:

~Shelly~ said...

Funny that you crave snow cones just like I did!

The Forey's said...

salty smokey ham steak! mmmmmmmm, it was so good. It kinda grosses me out now, but for 9 months i had no less than 3 in my fridge!

Shannon said...

I love those cravings! I would eat lemons like they were going out of style. Seriously, would order a bowl of them at any restaurant we were at.

Ape said...

i always wanted salads, seriously only ate healthy while i was pregnant haha i did the whole pickle thing too up til week 10 with both girls, and i HATE pickles!! MMMM Strawberry cheesecake is my favorite!!

lots of love said...

Congrats on having a little girl! We love the name Macy too. Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well. As for cravings, I had to smell mustard. All the time. So weird. lol

Meg said...

i am laughing because icee's were my FAVORITE!! last summer when i was pregnant with the twins i seriously had a coke icee almost EVERY day...would drive around town to find one if the machine was broken at my "regular" store!! yummmm....craving one NOW!! (and not pregnant ;))