Thursday, February 10, 2011

2 Months Old

Macy Nicole is 2 months old today. I absolutely can not believe how fast time is going. She is growing and changing so fast every day, and every time I think she has slowed down there is something else new. She is smiling and "talking" ALL the time, and mommy can't get enough of it. For the most part she is a pretty happy baby. Yet we think she may have a little bit of colic. =( She is eating 4 ounces ever 4 hours and just this past week she has started sleeping though the night a little better. She usually is down for the night around 10pm and has been sleeping till 4-5 o'clock the next morning. With in this last week she is starting to grow out of her newborn clothes and newborn diapers. As of today she is officially wearing size 1 diapers. (because we are out of newborns and well I am not buying anymore) The change in her clothes has been pretty hard for me, I guess I just feel like she is not a baby anymore.

She still loves to lay on her changing table and talk and smile. She is sleeping better at night because of her swaddle pod. She is a mommas girl! As long as I am right with her I will let her take her naps on her tummy on the couch and she LOVES it. She is still not a huge fan of her car seat but she loves to ride in the car. And in her short 2 months she has already made two 3.5 hour trips to Waco. Her best friend is still her passy. She loves taking a bath, as this month we moved her from the hammock that lays across he water to her actually sitting down in the water. It still catches her by surprise each time I put her in but she doesn't mind. She loves her swing but has began to give it a second thought this past week when we put her in it, I hope this passes. And she does not care to much for her bouncy seat, but she loves her gym play mat.

Macy had her 2 month well baby check up today with her doctor. She was a trooper too, she received 3 vaccines and another by mouth. She cried for just a few seconds and then it was all over.
2 month stats:
Weight: 10 pounds - 28.90 percentile
Height: 22 1.4" - 83.70 percentile
Head: 38.5cm - 44.95 percentile
She gained 2 pounds since her 3 week check up and grew 2 inches.

*Nana bought our little hungry hungry hippo a pink hippo for valentines day to pose with for her monthly pictures. =)



We have to have our crib pose as well though to see just how much she has grown from last month.




Momma's sweet girl


Macy,
I can not believe you have been in our lives for 2 months already. It seems like we only met you yesterday. I have enjoyed spending every single day with you the time that I have been off work. And I cant believe that I have to leave you to go back on Monday. It honestly breaks my heart. For the next 5 weeks you will be spending 2 1/2 days a week with your Nana, Juju and daddy while I go back part time for a couple of months. And then you will start your in home daycare. This has made the whole transition for me leaving you a little easier, but I still can not stand it. I am going to miss you something awful. So please do me a favor... don't grow up to fast so that I miss it, no 1st with anyone else if I'm not there.
I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy




1 comment:

~Shelly~ said...

Just be glad u get to work part time for now! That really is a blessing in disguise. Love the new pics- she's a little doll!!!!!!!! Cant wait to get my hands on her again!