Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve this year was by far the most memorable. We actually did not have plans this year. Jeff went to meet his dad for lunch and hang out with one of his friends. And I decided to go out to the cemetery to "see" my grandparents. After that I went to spend the afternoon with my sister and Kinley. We just hung out ate some Bush's chicken and drink some homemade hot chocolate. I know weird combo right... But it was good. =) Around noon believe it or not it started to SNOW! And continued to snow pretty much all day and most of the evening. So instead of a white Christmas, Waco got its 1st ever white Christmas eve. With a little left over Christmas morning.
About 8 o'clock my parents and us decided to go driving around and check out some lights around town. We went down a street in Woodway- Wooded Crest that is decorated up literally like the Griswalds! It has been this way for quite a few years, I just have never went driving down to see everything. There were blow up decorations galore, music playing in the street that you could tune into in your car, and more lights that you can even imagine.
All in all we had a very relaxing and out of our ordinary christmas eve routine. And it sure was nice.

Mom and Dad's house

Hanging out with my sister and niece
Just a few of the MANY houses on
Griswald Lane


6 comments:

Mindy said...

VERY COOL! We had a ball too! We bought a sled that is supposed to be used with a boat...since it's hard plastic, we never have, we r afraid it'll flip and hit one of the girls in the head. So we use it for snow days and pull it behind the jeep! All the kiddies in the neighborhood had a GREAT time and a few parents too! Have a safe and Happy New Year!!!!

MOM said...

You forgot about the HOMEMADE EGGNOG!! "Yum" said Jeff!!
It was a very relaxing day and evening for a change! I enjoyed it very much!
Mindy's comment reminded me of our "sleigh" ride in Robinson behind our pick up truck!! Too funny! Pam remembered it too!

~Shelly~ said...

We had fun! Glad ya came over! Wished the snow wouldve stuck around longer tho!

PaPa said...

I think it was one of my favorite Christmas'. Laid back, no pressure, easy going, and the best part watching the kids open their gifts.

The Forey's said...

Sounds very relaxing! We were rush rush rush all of christmas eve!

Shannon said...

I was so sad to miss you as well! (got your comment on Facebook and have yet to reply!) Shelly looked as beautiful as always. Hope you guys had the best Christmas! Happy New Year!