Thursday, April 26, 2012

Texas Blue Bonnets



If you live anywhere in the great state of Texas.... You know just how important it is to get your kids and family pictures in the Blue Bonnets every year! We looked all over Houston for pretty blue flowers and came up with NOTHING!!!! 
I had finally given up and said oh well maybe next year.... what is what I told my self last year.... so i was slightly disappointed.....
 
We headed to Waco last weekend for my family reunion and low and behold Jeff's parents had a patch of blue bonnets outside in their back yard...  Since they have been out for a while and pretty much the "season" was coming to an end, there were a few TALL weeds to go with them. Which Macy was not to happy about... This is the same child that would rather not step foot on grass.  ( a little girly... maybe........a bit dramatic... ALOT)

I had the great idea to use a small little wooded chair that Jeff's parents had and though it would help to make for great/wonderful/BEAUTIFUL blue bonnet pictures. My hopes were quickly shot down as we raced to get a few pictures snapped before it started pouring down rain.... Not to mention Macy did not care for the chair as the flowers and weeds still touched her.  So plan B.... stand her up! Brilliant idea..... not so much......  she wanted to dance on the chair and yup you guessed it.... fell off and landed in the weeds and flowers she so desperately didn't want to touch in the 1st place. Oh well.... I gave up! I got a couple of keeper shots and a few funny memories. Because in the end that is all that really matters right..... Memories!
 And maybe the hope of next year!
 



 
**(I don't know what is wrong with the last picture but Blogger will NOT let me flip it.)

3 comments:

Nicole Rodriguez said...

I love these bluebonnet pics!!! She's so cute! Love her!

Nana said...

I was glad to see you got these pictures of her in the bluebonnets!

lots of love said...

you didnt find the ones in kingwood?! i hate that its so hard to find them in houston. these are cute pic you got in waco!