Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 4~ Cozumel, Mexico

On Thursday we woke up in Cozumel, Mexico. We had a blast on this stop. As I said in the last post we were not going to take any excursions on this trip as we have pretty much done everything before. So once we got off the ship, we found ourselves a taxi driver for $100 for the whole day that would show us parts of the island that we would not other wise see. Keep in mind that the island is 8 miles wide and 25 miles long. So we just took our time! 1st stop a local jewelry store, that we were nicely harassed at to buy some silver jewelry. Next stop.....Tequila Cava Antigua distillery. This place was really cool, and so pretty. Not to mention we were able to have very small tastes of some really good tequila. Then we got back in the van and headed to the windward (hurricane) side of the island. We were completely speechless, I can not even begin to explain how beautiful it was and my pictures do not even do justice. Our 3rd stop was "naked beach" where we had the best tacos I have literally ever put in my mouth. Took a whole bunch of pictures and then moved on to the next stop. 4th stop was on the same side of the island at this little shack place that sold a ton of souvenirs, which we bought none of! However the scenery here was almost better than the 1st place. We were able to walk out on some rock formation and get some really good pictures of each other and the ocean. After about a 10-15 mile drive down the beach we ended up at a resort around on the other side. We hung out here for about an hour on the beach under yet another umbrella with our toes in the sand and a beer in our hand! We hated to leave but it was time to get back to the pier so we could get some shopping done before we had to get back on the ship. Once all of our T-shirt buying was complete we met Jeff and Truman over at Three Amigos for yet another drink and a few more laughs. Don't ask just look at the pictures below! Some of the pictures I know I probably shouldn't put on here. I mean as our matre'D said...."What happens on the ship, Stays on the ship." Which I guess should apply here in this situation... However, it didn't technically happen on the ship!
*Click on the pictures to make them bigger*

Cozumel, Mexico
Tequila Cava Antigua
I found a new friend
Windward side of the island
Did I mention we RELAXED on this vacation?

Remember that junk I mentioned?
At one of the resorts
We couldn't leave until they bought their hats
Three Amigos
i love him.....
because he talks me into things like this.....
You knew at least 1 person was going to get on it..............well maybe 2 people did!
and last but not least... the nightly towel animal
Mr.Stingray

8 comments:

Kathy said...

oh my goodness!!!!!!! Looks like soooooooooooooo much fun!!!!

Kathy said...

Make me want some Sol. Love the pics!

~Shelly~ said...

ok i think u have to record for the LONGEST POST EVER!!!
dont rub it in :)

Miranda said...

Sorry about that Shelly! That's why I asked you how to load the pics side by side! I had alot I wanted to post. And there was actually more!

Unknown said...

I hope you bought me one of those carved elephants for Christmas!

Mindy said...

What happened to day 4? It's not heeeereeee :)

Miranda said...

Jamie~ I actually did but one in hopes that I would draw your name for Christmas.
Mindy~ this is day 4. That was a mistake on my part. Oops, please forgive me.

~Shelly~ said...

and i meant *the record* not to record.